Sunday, June 26, 2005

Who really reads this thing anyway?

I got harassed this morning at church by my preacher's wife. Michelle York wanted to know why I have a blog if I am never going to update it. Never going to update it? I made two posts on the same day less than a week ago, and she says I never update. Granted, I may not blog with the consistency of a Mike Cope, or the humor of a Grant Boone, or the inspiration of a Ryan Porche, or the passion of a Jeremy Jackson, but come on, like my life is interesting enough to merit a blog of such grandeur? I tried to defend my minimal blogger activity to Michelle by citing the following argument: Why should I post if nobody ever comments? I mean, who really reads this thing anyway. But then another woman from my church piped up and said "Yeah, you hardly ever kept us updated while you were gone."
So, for the sake of Michelle and all you other anonymous Kent Brantly blog fanatics out there, I will add this post today, so that when she and you check kentbrantly.blogspot.com you won't be disappointed once again by my ever so exciting life.

For those interested in viewing pictures from my time in Central America, I have begun the arduous task of posting them online. I don't know if all 580 pictures will meet the ever-so-high publishing standards, but for the few that do, you can find them here.

So who does read this thing?

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is Christina, and as you know, I have posted several comments. I live 1000 miles away from you, for goodness sake!

6/26/2005 8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

See you never know the lives you bless whether they are near or far! And I think harrassed is a bit too harsh, I was just giving you a little bit of motavation. You do have a lot to share, I have enjoyed many of your very thought provoking comments and stories. So keep them coming.

sincerely,
"your preacher's wife"

6/26/2005 9:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As for me, I keep coming back in hopes that I'll learn how you found Brian Weber in Guatemala. Were you drinking a little too much Mate? I'm still stumped to this day!

6/26/2005 10:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read your blog Kent. Just thought you'd like to know:)I never comment on blogs. I think because I feel like I'm eavesdropping. But I will from now on. I'm coming to camp for a few days after all. I'll be in Cana through Tuesday night since they were so desperate for a counselor.

jenna

6/26/2005 10:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah kent you updated! seriously though, i thought the same thing for a while. no one was commenting, so apparently no one was reading it. well i found out that a lot of people read and don't like to comment. you should get a ticker or something. it keeps me inspired.

6/27/2005 8:47 AM  
Blogger The Future said...

Your blog is an inspiration to us all. It's cured diseases. It even helped me when I was in a jam. One time, I needed to vacuum at our apartment, and behold! I saw the blog had finished it for me. Thanks, Kent!

6/27/2005 9:19 AM  
Blogger Brock Paulk said...

Kent,

Just letting you know I'm still here...watching your every blog-move like a hawk. So, keep it up.

You should put a counter on your blog. Go to www.sitemeter.com and you can get a free one that will tell you how many people came, where they found the link to your blog, what they searched for to find it, etc. You'll like it. Check out the one at the bottom of my blog to see it.

Met two sisters at Camp Zenith who knew you last week in addition to Benny and Niki who I've known since 2000. One of the sister was named Sarah, and I've forgotten the other. They're from your church in Indy.

Blessings,
Brock

6/27/2005 1:36 PM  
Blogger Niki said...

Don't be such a whiner! :) If you had a sitemeter like Brock suggested...you're brilliant Kent, I know you can figure it out.

I was happy to learn that we have yet another mutual friend! (Brock) It really is a small world. I think our paths were destined to cross eventually.

I still don't know how to play Uechre. Maybe you should come to Colorado before August 12th to teach me, and check out Dry Bones. :)

6/30/2005 5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great article! Thanks.

8/18/2007 7:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for interesting article.

8/19/2007 12:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent website. Good work. Very useful. I will bookmark!

9/10/2007 4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home