Saturday, April 23, 2005

Not so fast...

bad news for the day: i may not be able to start med school in the fall after all.

no, IU didn't rescind their offer. i think it is just a result of my over-ambitiousness (is that a word?). basically, because i started a masters in bioethics and decided to complete both degrees (MA/MD) i may have to defer enrollment in the med school for a year in order to get some bioethics classes out of the way. for those of you who know me, and know that i've been making this journey towards med school pretty directly for the last 2 years, you can understand that this news of having to wait ANOTHER year before actually starting med school is not too easy for me to swallow.

but i know that God will provide all i need. He will give me the grace to accept what i am given, and He will continue to open doors where He sees fit. so i would appreciate your prayers concerning my response to this situation. He has brought me this far - i don't want to jump of the wagon now.

more later

6 Comments:

Blogger Brantly said...

Kent, i am soooooo sory to hear that ur medical school will be delayes. U have worked sooooo hard on filling out those applications that u deserve to go in the fall. But things dont alwayes go as planned... Hope u r Having fun at Language School!! We went and saw "Because of Winn Dixie" at the Dollar theatre on Saturday. It was soooooo good!!

Love,
Brantly

4/24/2005 8:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well KENT. . . . I admire your attitude in the face of disappointment! God's timing is always perfect, so just pray (as I will) that you will see HIS hand and timing in this. Hang in there. I love you and miss you.

Carole

4/24/2005 1:38 PM  
Blogger Niki said...

Oh Kent! I can't imagine your disappointment, but I agree with Carole, your attitude is admirable.

Kent, I've told you this before and my belief hasn't changed. God had a plan for you before you were even born. He still has a plan for you. With you doing your best to listen to His voice, He'll take you where you need to go. Sometimes the way is brightly lit with a steady path, and sometimes it is dark and rocky. He promises to go with you Kent, and things will work out o.k.

I'm confident you'll make the right decisions for you. God loves you and so do we! We're praying for you!

4/24/2005 11:36 PM  
Blogger The Future said...

Get ur done...

4/25/2005 10:40 AM  
Blogger Sarah Downey said...

Kent,
Can't send much more encouragement your way then what has already been sent. Praying for you...Hang in there!

4/27/2005 7:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DRAT! ill come hang out with ya in indianapolis when u return. mark my words!!!!

4/28/2005 9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home