Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Admitting Defeat

With just 8 posts in the last 8 months (and half of those came in January) I have decided to give up all pretenses of being a blogger. I had a hard enough time this summer just sending out update emails to friends and family during my time in Honduras. So this is it. I will no longer pretend that I'm just behind on blogging, or just too busy to get out a long post. I resign myself to being a "make a post whenever I feel like it and not a week sooner" kind of guy. This doesn't mean that I'll never post my thoughts on some subject in particular or maybe even just write about some random happening in my life. But I am releasing you all - you faithful blog readers - from your feelings of obligation to check my blog frequently (or even regularly). And Jeremy, it is with a clear conscience that I give up my spot on your side bar (if you haven't already removed me). You are free to go about your daily lives unfettered by the burden of worrying about why I haven't posted in 8 weeks. You are free to use your precious bandwidth in some more productive manner, rather than habitually returning to kentbrantly.blogspot.com only to see me, once again, making a Good Friday alfombra in Guatemala.

So go. Run with this new found liberty. Write about it on your own blog if you like. Run and never look back. Don't worry. Someday some event will bring me to mind and you'll think, "I wonder what good ol' Kent is up to." You'll remember this blog and you'll think about cruising back over to check for an update. I'm telling you now friend, just send me an email. Your chances of learning something new about me are worlds better that way.

Farewell,blogger. Adios, you faithful few. Thank you for your continued support.


ps - maybe i'll post a summary of my summer before school starts again.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

See there you go- saying you are not going to post anymore and then trying to tempt me into checking back to get the full summer update! That is so like you. By the way-enjoyed your pictures Sunday night and despite "not having anything to say" you did a great job.

your faithful blog checker friend,
PW

8/02/2006 12:08 AM  
Blogger Niki said...

You're such a tease Kent! I have you in my blogroll and IT will tell me if and when you post. Your position there is safe my friend! ;)

Miss you and hope you're doing well! Benny is planning a trip to Indy sometime this Fall to meet with our supporters there. It's too expensive to fly all 5 of us out there, and we don't have enough time to make a long road trip of it. :( So, I guess I'll have to wait a bit longer to learn how to play cards with you again!

8/02/2006 1:28 AM  
Blogger The Future said...

Come on Kent- don't let Jeremy the Blog Nazi get you down!!

Just do your thing- no worries.

8/11/2006 12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home